9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
@ The Chicago River
Michigan Ave. between Illinois St. & Wacker Dr.
Wow, do we have a day in store for you, Chicago! The Magnificent Mile Association, in partnership with the City of Chicago, presents the second Meet Me on The Mile Sunday Spectacle. Check out the amazing lineup of programming!
Marriages on The Mile - Weddings at Wrigley
- 10:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.: Up to 50 couples have been given a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to celebrate a marriage or Civil Union underneath the iconic Wrigley Building Bridge officiated by four volunteer Judges with the Cook County Circuit Court. Meet Me on The Mile attendees and additional wedding guests can observe from closed Michigan Avenue near the DuSable Bridge, and join the couples for photos post-ceremony at designated photo locations around the street closure.
Marriages on The Mile - Weddings at Wrigley is sponsored by: The Wrigley Building, Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, Modern Luxury Weddings Chicago, The Peninsula Chicago, The St. Clair Hotel Chicago, Perillo - Bentley Gold Coast, Wow Bao, LaCour Photography, Venteux Chicago, LaCour Images, The Shops at North Bridge, 360 Chicago, Chicago’s First Lady Cruises, Ashland Addison Floral, Chicago Starbucks Roastery, Cheng Cohen LLC, Walgreens, Ghirardelli, and Lou Malnatti’s
- 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.: Sponsor Modern Luxury Weddings Chicago is on site all day handing out free copies of the latest magazine.
- 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m: The Flowerchild Flower Truck will be on site all day selling stems to adorn event attendees and wedding guests and lovely bouquets to brighten your day!
Mode (Fashion) on The Mile
- 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.: The 3-Minute Style Shoot with photographer Alex Garcia near Plaza of the Americas: We invite event attendees to come down to The Magnificent Mile this Sunday dressed in their best “à la mode” fashion, showcasing their personal creativity and style for a unique opportunity to be photographed, for free, by Chicago photographer, Alex Garcia. Portraits will be available of featured guests post-event, and all subjects must sign a waiver for use of their photograph by The Magnificent Mile Association and Alex Garcia in future campaigns. Due to COVID safety measures, subjects will not be able to review any photographs on site.
About Alex Garcia: Chicago-based photographer/director Alex Garcia has won numerous awards for his work that include the highest distinctions in editorial and advertising: the Pulitzer Prize and the Cannes Lions Grand Prix. His storytelling through photography and motion started at staff positions at the Los Angeles Times and the Chicago Tribune. Presently his company Three Story Media works with brands and organizations on campaigns and projects that need authentic storytelling imagery.
- 1:00 p.m. & 3:00 p.m.: Pop-Up Style Shows w/ Q&A with Fox & Robin in Plaza of the Americas: Fox & Robin is a local Chicago brand creating activewear for the casual athlete, with Lululemon-like quality and a Patagonia mindset. Their brand is dedicated to addressing various environmental/humanitarian issues that are currently prevalent in the fashion industry, and are currently the only active wear brand to publish the wages of their factory workers in order to make the supply chain as transparent as possible.
Murals on The Mile
- 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.: Live Muralists at work on Michigan Avenue near the DuSable Bridge: View live art in action! We have invited four incredibly talented artists to paint live during the course of the day. Featured artists include:
Maxwell Gray: Follow on Instagram @maxwell_gray
Alyssa Low: Follow on Instagram @alyssalowww
Isabella Scott: Follow on Instagram @theartbyizzie
Jackson Wrede: Follow on Instagram @jacksonwrede
Morsels on The Mile | Food for Al Fresco Dining
Featured food vendors from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (selling times may vary):
- The Happy Lobster Food Truck
- The Fat Shallot Food Truck
- Lifeway Kefir Frozen Kefir Truck
- Lifeway Kefir Samples Tent
- Wow Bao in Pioneer Court
Music on The Mile
- 10:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.: Performance by Tunes at Noon String Quartet in front of Wrigley Plaza for Marriages on The Mile -
- 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.: Performance by the Jack Macklin Jazz Quartet
- 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.: Performance by Mariachi Ameca in Pioneer Court
Motors on Mile
- 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.: Event sponsor Perillo - Bentley Gold Coast will bring luxury vehicles to display on Michigan Avenue near Illinois St. entrance.
Movement on The Mile
- 9:00 – 10:00 a.m.: Tai Chi by Annelise Senkowski in Plaza of the Americas: All ages are welcome to greet the day during “Meditate on The Mile,” a peaceful Tai Chi class led by local instructor Annelise Senkowski of Chicago Tai Chi.
- 9:30 – 10:45 a.m.: Silent Disco Yoga at Pioneer Court (ticketed): Back by popular demand, Deep House Yoga returns to bring the Silent Disco Yoga experience to Pioneer Court (401 N. Michigan Ave.) next to closed Michigan Avenue! This event is presented by Meet Me on The Mile series sponsor Lifeway Foods, America’s favorite kefir company. With the 100-year-old Wrigley Building as the backdrop, as well as four live muralists, class attendees will plug into the beats by DJ Alissa Jo with Sound Off wireless headphones. Come for the stillness and silence, to the sweaty flow and blissful beats for class led by one Chicago's best instructors, Emily Blackwell.
Tickets are required for Silent Disco Yoga at Meet Me on The Mile, as space is limited. Reservations ensure a pair of Sound Off wireless headphones and free snacks. Participants must bring a personal own yoga mat, water, and good vibes! Check-in begins at 9:00 a.m. in Pioneer Court. Instruction begins at 9:30 a.m.
Magic on The Mile | Kids & Family Programming
- 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m: Play large-scale games on closed Michigan Avenue including Chess, Checkers and Connect Four!
- 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.: Free Caricature portraits with Mary Ellen Niles in Pioneer Court
- 11:00 a.m. & 12:00 p.m.: Storytime on Michigan Avenue near the DuSable Bridge
- 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.: Kids crafts
- 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.: Free temporary tattoos with Laine Too
Make a Difference on The Mile | Get Vaccinated on Michigan Avenue
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.: Meet Me on The Mile sponsor, Walgreens, will host a pop-up vaccine clinic for attendees. Flu & COVID vaccines will be administered to anyone interested in receiving either on site. Given the increase in COVID cases with the rise of the Delta variant, MMA is proud to support Walgreens in providing opportunities to stay protected thru vaccination.
Mutts on The Mile
- 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m: Six Point Pet will be on site selling Chicago-themed and local artist-inspired collars, leashes and treats for four-legged friends.
- 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.: PAWS Chicago will be set-up throughout the day with alumni dogs on site for visits!
Marvel on The Mile
- 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.: City of Chicago – Freestanding Chicago Star Sculptures near Pioneer Court: Four, 10-foot tall Chicago Flag Stars representing our City’s flag, conceptualized by HDR and refined and constructed by Chicago Scenic Studios.
More on The Mile | Additional Vendors & Sponsors
- The Shops at North Bridge Fashion Plaza at Plaza of the Americas
The Shops at North Bridge: Located on the Magnificent Mile - The Shops at North Bridge is home to a wide variety of stores like Nordstrom, BOSS Hugo Boss, APM Monaco, MCM Worldwide and M∙A∙C Cosmetics and restaurants including Eataly, Joe’s Seafood Prime Steak & Stone Crab, Eddie V’s Prime Seafood, Doc B’s Fresh Kitchen and Shake Shack.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metropolitan Chicago: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metropolitan Chicago is an affiliate of the oldest, most respected mentoring organization in the U.S. They are a mission driven, performance based organization that is professionally managed and provides high quality 1:1 mentoring services to 2,300 children in Metro Chicago and their families across four counties: Cook, DuPage and Lake Counties in Illinois and Indiana. As Metro Chicago and Northwest Indiana’s largest donor and volunteer supported mentoring network, Big Brothers Big Sisters makes meaningful, monitored matches between adult volunteers (“Bigs”) and children (“Littles”) from age seven through high school graduation. Private corporate, foundation and individual contributions provide 94% of our revenue base upon which we build programming that meets the needs of each child individually. Our programs are proven to keep kids in school, out of trouble and on the path to post-graduate success.
Nathalie Loma: Nathalie Loma is a designer with passion and a love for transforming lives through her designs. She believes that every fabric has a voice and it is her calling to listen and design the right garment for each woman. With an intuitive eye for shape and technique Nathalie understands the importance of wearing clothes with confidence and has committed to the process of making you the garment you desire and deserve. So come and enjoy the Nathalie Loma Experience.
Fox & Robin: Fox & Robin is a local Chicago brand creativing activewear for the casual athlete, with Lululemon-like quality and a Patagonia mindset. Their brand is dedicated to addressing various environmental/humanitarian issues that are currently prevalent in the fashion industry, and are currently the only active wear brand to publish the wages of their factory workers in order to make the supply chain as transparent as possible.
Giveashirt: Local artists donate designs, and the Giveashirt team hand screen prints everything here in Chicago to sell t-shirts and other items on their website and at pop up shops. 100% of their profits are donated to Streetwise. Fresh from eight appearances at Sundays on State, Giveashirt has been around for almost six years. In that time, they have given Streetwise and Streetwise vendors almost $200,000.
Abena Art / Khinah’s Art: Abena Motaboli (Abeana Art) creates nature based artwork, botanically dyed scarves, naturally dyed paper, resin flower paintings, resin paperweights. Shekhinah Gaddis (Khinah’s Art)is a photographer who loves to capture movement, people, musicians or whatever resonates with her.
And finally…. Meet US on The Mile
- 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.: Visit The Magnificent Mile Association booth to learn about The Association, The Magnificent Mile district, pick up Meet Me on The Mile schedule postcards, and for general information. Visit our partner, GettinLocal to download a super cool app that serves as a local’s guide to The Magnificent Mile, and sends users important updates about day of programming and future events.
Please continue to check this page for updates and additions. Programming and vendors are subject to change.