New Job Opening January 24, 2023
POSITION: Administrative Assistant/Office Manager
REPORTS TO: President and CEO
FLSA STATUS: Hourly/Full-time
The Magnificent Mile Association has an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant/Office Manager. The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the President and CEO and Association staff, as well as coordinates communications between and among its volunteer committees, Board members, and other stakeholders. This position is a full-time, on-site position located at 625 N. Michigan Avenue.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Administers and performs day-to-day administrative and clerical functions for the President and CEO and small staff team within a brand-new office suite.
• Tracks confidential time off requests, assists with basic HR functions, such as onboarding paperwork, 401K forms, sick time, etc.
• Coordinates and schedules meetings with the Association Team, Volunteers, Members, Board Members, Partners, and other key stakeholders and assists with meeting logistics.
•Opens, delivers, and sends mail and packages, including FedEx, UPS, Amazon, and other delivery service parcels.
•Operates printers, scanners, and other clerical office equipment.
•Coordinates IT assistance from the Association’s IT provider.
•Performs data entry for membership software (MemberClicks), HubSpot, and website, as directed.
•Answers phones and greets guests entering office suite.
•Manages the Association office area and any associated facilities, coordinates maintenance for all electrical, telecom, housekeeping, and carpentry needs.
• Maintains fixed asset inventory, as well as tracks hardware used by team members and in the office, such as laptops, monitors, and printers.
• Organizes, manages, and implements modest projects, including booking labor, coordinating with onsite partners, project management, budget, and timelines.
• Coordinates with HR and IT to ensure all new employees are set up in a workspace on their first day.
• Maintains office supplies, break room supplies, and inventory while containing costs.
• Performs other clerical, job-related duties as assigned.
• Outstanding written and oral communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D required. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
• Two (2) years related high-level administrative experience at an executive level.
• Experience in an office environment.
• Ability to type a minimum of 50 words per minute.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple assignments at once.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
• Excellent customer service skills and public relations skills.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, with the ability to learn new or updated software as needed.
Some evenings or weekend hours may be requested for special events. No travel is required.
If you meet our qualifications and would like to hear more about the opportunity, email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. No recruiter inquiries at this time, please.