Your Home Away From Home For The Holidays
This year, make The Magnificent Mile your "Home Away From Home" for the Holidays!
The Magnificent Mile is a magical place to stay this holiday season. With everything from extra cuddly amenities to a sky-high ice skating experience, discover your perfect way to spend the holidays on Michigan Avenue.
The InterContinental Chicago
Ho. Ho. Hold up… InterContinental Chicago Hotel has officially brought the North Pole to Magnificent Mile with a variety of unique holiday-inspired programming for names on both the nice and naughty list.
- Play inside Santa’s Workshop - Calling all tinker tots and toy soldiers, InterContinental Chicago has transformed its lobby into a larger-than-life Santa’s Workshop, complete with visits from Mr. Claus himself! Pop into our workshop, write a letter to Santa, and we will personally send it to him in the North Pole. Or if you want to deliver the message yourself, stop in and say hello to Mr. & Mrs. Claus in person - they will be visiting our lobby for photos from 12PM to 3PM every Saturday before Christmas.
- Text Santa’s Milk & Cookie Hotline - Even Santa Claus will tell you, nothing tastes better than a late night snack. This holiday season, text Santa on his “Milk & Cookie Hotline” and one of his elves will deliver warm chocolate chip cookies and 2% milk directly to your guestroom. You can also ask Santa if you’re on the naughty or nice list (no promises on what the answer will be) and let him know what you’d like for Christmas! Who knows, he might surprise you with an early present… if you’re lucky.
- Dive Into Holiday Classics - Each Saturday night in November and December, beginning at 7PM, guests can grab a bag of reindeer mix, complimentary giant peppermint pool floaty, and enjoy a family-friendly holiday movie at the InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile. Films include holiday favorites like: Elf, A Christmas Story, How The Grinch Stole Christmas and more.
The Ritz-Carlton Chicago
Your Holiday Experience Re-Imagined!
Celebrate this holiday season with family and friends with a variety of unique experiences at The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago!
- Holiday Afternoon Tea - Delight in our Holiday Afternoon Tea at Torali Italian-Steak and enjoy an experience crafted to invigorate the senses. Sip and savor aromatic tea blends, delectable finger sandwiches and whimsical pastries while celebrating the holiday season with friends and family. Offered on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays at 3:00PM.
- Christmas Day Buffet - Join us to celebrate Christmas Day with an incredible buffet for the entire family, featuring live action and carving stations, seafood display, incredible desserts and more.
- New Year's Eve - Celebrate the New Year at The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago with a dazzling charcuterie and dessert display, live music, and Veuve Clicquot bubbly in the beautiful Café. This event is for adults 21 & over.
The Peninsula Chicago
Holiday Magic on The Magnificent Mile
The Peninsula Chicago is your perfect spot for festive experiences in the Windy City with a variety of offerings around the hotel:
- The Gingerbread Man's Tale: Parents and children can follow The Peninsula Pageboy and Pagegirl as they embark on a fairytale journey through time. Guided by The Gingerbread Man, the young explorers travel from the tree in their living room to Ancient Rome, a snowy village and a pine forest to discover the origins of popular Christmas customs.
- Skate Along The Skyline: Returning for its eighth season, The Peninsula Sky Rink opens Saturday, November 23. Surrounded by Chicago’s skyscrapers and twinkling lights, the rink is tucked into a pine tree winter wonderland and bathed in festive music and snowflake lighting.
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Party: It’s not officially the holiday season until guests have donned an ugly Christmas sweater. Ring in the season in one’s best (or worst!) style by making a memorable fashion statement with the most over-the-top, extravagant Christmas sweater at Z Bar’s second annual ugly sweater soiree on Friday, December 13, 2019. Festive cocktails and ugly dancing are requirements—a DJ will ensure to get the party started in style at 7:30 pm. Prizes will be awarded for various categories of Best Ugly Christmas Sweaters, including an overnight stay, dinners and more. As there is limited availability, it is recommended guests arrive early.