9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
@ the Historic Water Tower on Michigan Avenue
Help us close out the final Meet Me on The Mile Sunday Spectacle on October 24 with Markets and Makers. Enjoy a beautiful autumn day with fall-themed activities perfect for the whole family! Check out the schedule of events and programming below!
Sunday, October 24 | Schedule of Events
Market on The Mile | 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. at various locations
"Market on The Mile," will feature fruits and vegetables, florals, baked goods, and more brought to The Mile by vendors from SOAR Farmers Market.
SOAR Farmers Market Vendors
- 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. | Lane's End Farms on Pearson Street
- 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. | Provo's Bakery on Pearson Street
- 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. | Gayle's Grilled Cheese on Michigan Avenue
- All Day | SOAR Information Tent at north Jane Byrne Park entrance
Additional Market Vendors
- All Day | Get Growing Foundation's Plant Truck Chicago on Michigan Avenue
- All Day | Lifeway Kefir and Kefir Ice Cream Truck on Michigan Avenue
- All Day | Tasting India on Michigan Avenue
- 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. | Flowers for Dreams on Michigan Avenue
Makers on The Mile | All Day
- Six Point Pet at north Jane Byrne Park entrance
- Fox & Robin on Michigan Avenue
- Mohop on Michigan Avenue
- Abena Motaboli & Alison Slak on Michigan Avenue
- The Northern Loon on Michigan Avenue
- Giveashirt on Michigan Avenue
- B Chantel Designs & Smart Guy Style on Michigan Avenue
Mascots on The Mile
- 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. | A visit from the Chicago Bear's mascot, Staley da Bear, throughout the venue! Pose with Staley for photos.
- 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. | Take photos with The Cat in the Hat through the venue and learn more about The Dr. Seuss Experience, currently features across the street from Water Tower Place!
Mischief on The Mile | Family Fall Fest & Halloween Fun in Jane Byrne Park
- All Day | Large-scale games featuring Connect Four, Checkers, and Chess
- All Day | Photos in our Pumpkin Patch around the Historic Water Tower steps
- 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. | Trick-or-treat in costume at Meet Me on The Mile vendor booths!
- 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. | Free caricature portraits with Mary Ellen Niles
- 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. | Free temporary tattoos with Laine Too
- 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. | Crafts and photos with Darth Vadar, Repuntzel, and Spider Man
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. | Come in costume for Halloween Storytime with characters
- 12:00 p.m. | Costume parade for kids and your pups! Join us for a fun costume parade around the Meet Me on The Mile venue led by The Cat in The Hat. All are welcome, and kids and dogs are highly encouraged to show off their best costumes!
Meditate on The Mile
- 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. | Tai Chi by Annelise Senkowski in Jane Byrne Park: All ages are welcome to greet the day during a peaceful Tai Chi class led by local instructor Annelise Senkowski of Chicago Tai Chi
Music on The Mile
- 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. & 2:00 - 2:45 p.m. | Environmental Encroachment
- 3:00 p.m. - 4:45 p.m. | Die Musikmeisters
Make a Difference on The Mile | Get Vaccinated on Michigan Avenue
- 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. | Meet Me on The Mile sponsor, Walgreens, will host a pop-up vaccine clinic for attendees. Flu & COVID vaccines will be administered to anyone interested in receiving either on site. Given the increase in COVID cases with the rise of the Delta variant, MMA is proud to support Walgreens in providing opportunities to stay protected through vaccination
Mutts on The Mile
- 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. | PAWS Chicago will be set-up throughout the day in Jane Bryne Park with dogs on site for visits!
Marvel on The Mile
- City of Chicago - Freestanding Chicago star sculptures on Michigan Avenue | Four, 10-foot tall Chicago Flag Stars representing our City’s flag, conceptualized by HDR and refined and constructed by Chicago Scenic Studios.
More on The Mile | Additional Partners
- 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. in Jane Byrne Park | Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metropolitan Chicago is an affiliate of the oldest, most respected mentoring organization in the US. They are a mission driven, performance based organization that is professionally managed and provides high quality 1:1 mentoring services to 2,300 children in Metro Chicago and their families across four counties: Cook, DuPage and Lake Counties in Illinois and Indiana. As Metro Chicago and Northwest Indiana’s largest donor and volunteer supported mentoring network, Big Brothers Big Sisters makes meaningful, monitored matches between adult volunteers (“Bigs”) and children (“Littles”) from age seven through high school graduation. Private corporate, foundation and individual contributions provide 94% of our revenue base upon which we build programming that meets the needs of each child individually. Our programs are proven to keep kids in school, out of trouble and on the path to post-graduate success.
Murals on The Mile | Rapt on The Mile
- While you are visiting for the day or find yourself in the city, stop by Rapt on The Mile, a vibrant, multi-story art installation at 679 N. Michigan Avenue!
And Finally... Meet US on The Mile
- 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. | Visit The Magnificent Mile Association booth in Jane Bryne Park to learn about The Association, The Magnificent Mile district, pick up Meet Me on The Mile schedule postcards, and for general information. Visit our partner, GettinLocal on Michigan Avenue to download a super cool app that serves as a local’s guide to The Magnificent Mile, and sends users important updates about day-of-programming and future events, including the BMO Harris Bank Magnificent Mile Lights Festival. If you download and register the app on site on Sunday, you'll automatically be entered to win an ovenright stay at the Fairmont Chicago!
Please continue to check this page for updates and additions. Programming and vendors are subject to change.