Don’t miss out
ON Magnificent updates
Sign up for our magnificent updates. A round up of fun events, exclusive deals and happenings along Chicago’s Magnificent Mile. Never miss a magnificent moment.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes open to residents of the 48 contiguous United States or D.C., 19 years or older. Sweepstakes begins on 11/16/2018 at 4:00 p.m. Central Time (CT) and ends on 12/31/2018 at 11:59 p.m. CT. ARV of all prizes: $3,680 USD. Subject to full Official Rules at https://www.themagnificentmile.com/lights-festival/sweepstakes-and-contests/official-rules.
Sponsor: The Magnificent Mile® Association.
THE MAGNIFICENT MILE LIGHTS FESTIVAL SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING GUAM, PUERTO RICO, AND ALL OTHER U.S. AND FOREIGN TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), WHO HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF 19. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL REGULATIONS APPLY.
ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY/RELEASE OF LIABILITY/PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AGREEMENT MAY BE REQUIRED.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT. READ THESE RULES CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The entry period for The Magnificent Mile Lights Festival Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on November 16, 2018, at 4:00 p.m. Central Time (CT), and ends on December 31, 2018, at 11:59:59 p.m. CT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Magnificent Mile® Association (“Sponsor”), employees of Southwest Airlines Co., Hilton Hotels, and its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, fulfillment and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each such employee, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is open only to natural persons who are permanent legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States or District of Columbia who are physically located and residing therein and who are at least nineteen (19) years of age or older at the time of entry (“Entrant”).
Entrants may be required to provide proof of eligibility. Eligibility determinations will be made by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Entrants who violate these Official Rules or interfere with this Sweepstakes in any manner.
3. HOW TO ENTER:
METHOD OF ENTRY: There is one (1) method of entry for this Sweepstakes. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Entrants may enter by submitting an entry at https://woobox.com/r9kz98 containing Entrant’s Email and Zip Code (“Entrant Data”). Each Entrant may enter only one (1) time; duplicate entries, entries using multiple identities, and entries generated by script, macro, or other automated means will not be valid, and these entries will not be acknowledged.
Each Entrant agrees and confirms that Sponsor and its agents may use the Entrant’s name, photograph, and/or likeness for the Sweepstakes and for all lawful promotional, marketing, and advertising purposes, in any and all media worldwide in perpetuity. Entries may be used by the Sponsor for any lawful purpose without the permission of the Entrant or any consideration apart from participation in the Sweepstakes in accordance with these Official Rules. Entries may be publicly posted on the Sponsor website, Sponsor social media, and/or in other media. The Sponsor may, but is under no obligation to, verify the Entrant’s information prior to publication.
4. PRIZES, PRIZE DRAWING, AND ODDS OF WINNING:
PRIZE WINNER: Prize Drawing will be conducted by Sponsor. There will be one (1) individual Grand Prize Winner, which will be randomly selected amongst the eligible Entrants who submitted their information during the Sweepstakes Period (“Potential Winner”). Sponsor will select the Potential Winner randomly from among all eligible entries, and the Entrant that completes all eligibility requirements will be chosen as “the Winner” (further defined below). Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
PRIZE DETAILS: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive round-trip travel on Southwest Airlines® for winner and one (1) guest to Chicago Midway Airport (MDW) (subject to Air Travel Restrictions set forth below). Winner will also receive a Hilton® Chicago Hotel gift certificate (subject to Gift Certificate Restrictions set forth below) for booking hotel accommodations during the stay (approximate retail value is $2500); and a pair of tickets to “Jamie Allan’s iMagician...It’s Magic Beyond Belief” at the Harris Theater Millennium Park. (Total approximate retail value of Grand Prize is $1,880 USD.)
Air Travel Restrictions
Air travel is subject to Southwest Airlines terms and conditions; certain restrictions may apply. Round trip travel for two (2) on Southwest Airlines will be awarded in the form of four (4) Southwest flight e-passes. Each Southwest flight e-pass is valid for one-way travel on Southwest Airlines-operated, published, scheduled service in the United States and Puerto Rico. The Southwest flight e-pass will bear the date of issue and the date of expiration. Expiration dates will not be extended, and travel must be completed on or before the expiration date. The Southwest flight e-pass is not valid on interline or codeshare service. The Southwest flight e-pass is non-refundable and is not redeemable for cash or credit. The Southwest flight e-pass will not be replaced for any reason, including, without limitation, if lost, stolen, or fraudulently used. The Southwest flight e-pass is non-transferrable and cannot be sold to a third party. Sale, auction, or re-tendering of the Southwest flight e-pass for money or otherwise is strictly prohibited. The Southwest flight e-pass may not be used for promotional purposes unless previously approved by Southwest Airlines. Any suspected fraud, misrepresentation, misuse, abuse or violation of the Southwest flight e-pass rules and regulations may result in cancellation of the Southwest flight e-pass(es). Southwest flight e-pass holders are required to be nineteen (19) years of age or older and a legal U.S. resident. However, the recipient of a Southwest flight e-pass may arrange travel for another person if done without selling or bartering a Southwest flight e-pass. Air transportation by Southwest Airlines is subject to Southwest Airlines’ Passenger Contract of Carriage set out at https://www.southwest.com/assets/pdfs/corporate-commitments/contract-of-carriage.pdf. If the winner does not live in a city served by Southwest Airlines, he/she is responsible for transportation to and from the nearest airport served by Southwest Airlines. Winner is responsible for booking all travel and paying all applicable international taxes and fees. Travel is based on seat availability. Seats on any desired flight are not guaranteed. Winner and guest(s) must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents. Winner and guest must have valid government-issued photo identification at the time of travel. If the travel guest is a minor, winner must be his/her parent/guardian, or be accompanied by his/her parent/guardian.
Hilton Chicago Hotel Certificate of Donation
This certificate of donation entitles the bearer to standard accommodations for two (2) nights at the Hilton Chicago Hotel (720 S. Michigan Avenue). The certificate will be valid only for standard room night accommodations for two (2) nights. The certificate expires on December 31, 2018 and regrettably may not be extended beyond its expiration date nor redeemed for cash Hilton Honors Points, other hotel services, other stays, hotel merchandise and is non-transferable to other Hilton Hotels. This certificate of donation is not redeemable for cash and has no cash value. Lost or stolen certificates will not be replaced. This certificate of donation does not include taxes, gratuities, parking, or other incidental charges incurred per guestroom per night. A guest room deposit of cash or credit card is required upon check-in. This certificate of donation is subject to availability and may not be valid during certain blackout dates. This offer may not be combined with any other offer or special. Certain lengths of stay or day of week restrictions may apply. Not available to group or meetings. Other restrictions may apply.
To coordinate bearer’s reservation, please contact Siliva Aleszczyk, Director of Reservations at 312-786-6218 to make the necessary arrangements between normal business hours. On-line reservations are not applicable for gift certificates. Bearer will need to present the gift certificate letter and confirmation provided by reservations upon check-in.
Visit hiltonsofchicagodibs.com for additional terms and conditions.
Voucher holder must contact Starvox Ticketing before December 31, 2018 to claim. Voucher may only be used once. Preferred date and times are subject to availability. Not valid for any other production or in combination with any other offer. Starvox Entertainment assumes no liability in the misuse of this voucher. This voucher has no cash value. Not combinable with any other offer.
All ground transportation fees and expenses, accommodations, meals, and other expenses not specifically set forth in these Official Rules as being borne by Sponsor are the sole responsibility of the Winner. All elements of the prize are subject to availability and other restrictions. Airport transfers and any baggage or upgrade fees are not included and are the responsibility of the Winner. Hotel blackout periods and other restrictions may apply. Winner is responsible for obtaining proper documentation prior to travel, including, if necessary, passports and visas. Winner will be responsible for travel arrangements; Sponsor shall not in any manner be obligated to make any travel arrangements. Specifically, Winner is responsible for booking air travel and hotel accommodations. Sponsor will not reimburse Winner for any costs or fees associated with changing air travel plans or failure of Winner to follow travel arrangements (e.g., missing a flight). Sponsor shall not be liable for any failure to operate, delay in operating, or accidents involving any flight, including but not limited to acts of God, governmental actions, fire, weather, war, civil commotion, riots, epidemics, quarantine, restrictions, terrorist events, Air Traffic Control, strikes or labor disputes, inability to obtain fuel for the flight in question, or otherwise.
Sponsor is not responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions, substitutions, or any act or omission of any entity or person providing any services in fulfilling the prize awarded. Winner hereby releases Sponsor from any liability for any harm, injury, or loss that may be suffered by the Winner as a result of participation in the Grand Prize. Entrants hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize manufacturer that may be sent along with a prize. PRIZES WILL BE ACCEPTED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE, AND NO SUBSTITUTION OR CASH EQUIVALENT IS ALLOWED, EXCEPT AT THE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize element. Any depiction of prize in promotional materials is for illustrative purposes only. Prizes will only be awarded in the name of the Winner. All federal, state, and local taxes and any other costs associated with acceptance or use of a prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winner will be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full social security number or the equivalent. Failure to submit a Form W-9 upon request will result in forfeiture of the prize. Decisions of the Sponsor are final in all respects of the Sweepstakes. All prizes awarded are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
PRIZE AWARDING: Only the published number of prizes stated in these Official Rules will be awarded. No transfers, cash awards, or prize substitutions are permitted, except at Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or a portion thereof with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. A Potential Winner will be notified by email and/or by phone call at the email address and/or phone number used to submit entry. The Potential Winner will be required to provide a valid mailing address, as applicable, and will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, and where legal, a publicity release (collectively, the “Affidavit”), and return same, properly executed, within seven (7) days of issuance of notification. If applicable, winner’s guest must sign a liability release and, where legal, a publicity release (“Guest Documents”), which must be returned with the winner’s Affidavit prior to the issuance of travel documents or the guest portion of the prize will be forfeited. If a guest is younger than eighteen (18) years of age, guest’s parent or legal guardian must sign Guest Documents on behalf of such guest and accompany such minor guest. If a prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if a Potential Winner cannot be contacted after a reasonable number of attempts, is ineligible according to these Official Rules, fails to provide the required information and/or return the required documents within the specified time period, decides to decline his/her prize for any reason whatsoever, or otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit his/her prize and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner from among all remaining eligible entries received, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Upon disqualification, no compensation will be given. Once the required information and official paperwork are received within the specified time period, verified, and receive final approval by Sweepstakes Entities, then and only then will a Potential Winner become the Winner. A Potential Winner will be notified that he/she is the Winner within five (5) business days after required information is verified. Sponsor reserves the right, after a certain time frame has passed, to not award the prize if no eligible Winner can be located.
5. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human or printing error in these rules or any promotional materials, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or Web site, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes, or for late, lost, stolen, illegible, or misdirected entries. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of this Sweepstakes, or if any difficulties compromise the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right to void any entries at issue and/or to suspend, modify, cancel, or terminate this Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, at any time without notice and award the prize in a random drawing from among all non-suspect eligible entries received as of the termination date. In the event of time of war, national emergency, accident, dangerous weather conditions, fire, riot, strikes, lock-outs, industrial disputes, acts of terrorism, or other matters beyond the Sponsor’s reasonable control, Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Sweepstakes.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By accepting a prize, Winner consents to the use of his/her name and biographical information for promotional purposes by Sponsor and its designees, including but not limited to the posting of Winner’s name on the Sponsor website and in a Winners List without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law (“Promotions”). All copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights in such Promotions shall be owned by Sponsor or its licensors, and Winner hereby disclaims and waives any claim of right to such Promotions. Such Promotions shall be solely under control of Sponsor or its licensors, and Winner hereby waives any claim of control over the Promotions content as well as any possible claims of misuse of Winner’s name under contract, tort, or any other theory of law. Winner indemnifies, releases, and holds harmless Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities from losses or damages of any kind, including without limitation, death and bodily injury, resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of the Grand Prize resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. Winner acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor has not arranged for nor carries any insurance of any kind for the benefit of Winner or that of Winner’s heirs, executors, and administrators relative to Winner’s use of the Grand Prize awarded; and that Winner is solely responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, accident, automobile, property, or other insurance relative to the Grand Prize awarded to Winner.
7. INDEMNIFICATION; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: NEITHER SPONSOR, SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, NOR THEIR SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATED ENTITIES IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PRINTING OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED MATERIALS OR TRANSACTIONS THAT ARE PROCESSED LATE OR INCORRECTLY OR ARE LOST DUE TO COMPUTER OR ELECTRONIC MALFUNCTION.
SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST, STOLEN, MANGLED, MISDELIVERED, POSTAGE DUE, ILLEGIBLE, INCOMPLETE OR LATE ENTRIES, TELEPHONE SERVICE OUTAGES, DELAYS, BUSY SIGNALS, EQUIPMENT MALFUNCTIONS AND ANY OTHER TECHNOLOGICAL DIFFICULTIES THAT MAY PREVENT AN INDIVIDUAL FROM ENTERING OR CLAIMING A PRIZE.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES OFFER IS BEING MADE EXCLUSIVELY BY THE SPONSOR. SPONSOR AND SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TECHNICAL, HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, OR TELEPHONE FAILURE OF ANY KIND, LOST OR UNAVAILABLE NETWORK CONNECTIONS OR FRAUD, INCOMPLETE, GARBLED, OR DELAYED COMPUTER TRANSMISSION WHETHER CAUSED BY SPONSOR, USER, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR BY ANY TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE PROCESS OF SUBMISSIONS WHICH MAY LIMIT AN ENTRANT’S ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. NEITHER SPONSOR, SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, NOR THEIR SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATED ENTITIES IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY INCURRED BY WINNER AND GUESTS AS A RESULT OF WINNING.
BY ENTERING, ENTRANTS AGREE TO RELEASE HOLD HARMLESS, DEFEND AND INDEMNIFY EACH OF SPONSOR, SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, AND ANY AND ALL OTHER COMPANIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, DAMAGES, OR CAUSES OR ACTION (HOWEVER NAMED OR DESCRIBED), RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF (I) THE SWEEPSTAKES, (II) ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND (III) THE RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE(S) AWARDED HEREIN. POSSIBLE CLAIMS OR CAUSES OF ACTION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, INFRINGEMENT OF ANY RIGHT OF PUBLICITY OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY; THREATENED OR ACTUAL INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE TO ANY PERSON, INCLUDING DEATH AND DISABILITY; DEFAMATION OR PORTRAYAL IN A FALSE LIGHT (INTENTIONAL AND UNINTENTIONAL); AND DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF SUCH ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE FOR OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
If for any reason an Entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been voided or corrupted by any grossly negligent act of the Sponsor, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, subject to availability and provided that the Sweepstakes has not then expired.
8. DISPUTES: This Sweepstakes is conducted in English. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with this promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Illinois, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than in Illinois. By entering, Entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts located in Chicago, Illinois.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT’S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. WHO WON: For the name of the Winner, available from January 1, 2019 please send a request and self-addressed, stamped envelope by February 1, 2019, to “The Magnificent Mile Lights Festival Sweepstakes,” Attn: Ashley Gordon, The Magnificent Mile Association, 625 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 401, Chicago, Illinois 60611.
10. SPONSOR: The Magnificent Mile Association, 625 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 401, Chicago, Illinois 60611. Southwest Airlines Co. is not a sponsor, co-sponsor or administrator of this Sweepstakes.
Sign up for our magnificent updates. A round up of fun events, exclusive deals and happenings along Chicago’s Magnificent Mile. Never miss a magnificent moment.