This event is in the past - Sat 27 Apr 2019
Waddle over to Brookfield Zoo on Saturday, April 27, to celebrate World Penguin Day and learn about the zoo’s colony of Humboldt penguins, along with conservation efforts to help protect these charismatic animals.
The first 1,000 children participating receive a free World Penguin Day wrist band. These bands are similar to the bands that we use to identify our resident penguins. Be sure to visit the Rocky Shores exhibit where our flock of Humboldt penguins live and see if you can identify which bird matches your color wrist band.
Several of the zoo’s penguins seem to have a knack for painting! Zoogoers can meet a few of the resident “artists” outdoors at 12:30 and 2:30 p.m. (weather permitting). Their one-of-a-kind pieces of art, created with nontoxic watercolors, will be on display. On the back of each canvas is a photo of the penguin “artist” and his/her footprint signature.
Zoo Chat and Events
- 10:30 am: Penguin Chat and Feeding at Rocky Shores exhibit
- 12:00 pm: Penguin Enrichment at the Living Coast- Rocky Shores exhibit
- 12:30 pm: "Meet the Artist" penguin encounter at the Living Coast Plaza
- 1:30 pm: Penguin Enrichment at the Living Coast- Rocky Shores exhibit
- 2:30 pm: "Meet the Artist" penguin encounter at the Living Coast Plaza
- 3:30 pm: Penguin Chat and Feeding at Rocky Shores exhibit