Chicago's premier jewelry salon since 1942
Chicagoan Don Levinson purchased Trabert & Hoeffer in 1968 and began creating his own distinctive salon identity, developing custom designs and broadening the buying focus to include works from artisans and established designers from countries throughout Europe and Asia. An expanded collection of fine Swiss timepieces was added to the inventory, solidifying it as a premier destination for fine jewelry and watch collectors.
In 1995, Trabert & Hoeffer moved from its Michigan Avenue location to 111 East Oak Street, recreating the same intimate, Art Deco style salon which is such a huge part of the history, and culture of the Company. That same year, Susan Levinson joined Trabert & Hoeffer, bringing an infusion of ideas and creativity. Since then, Don and Susan have partnered with their expert staff to serve clients nationwide, developing personal relationships with each customer.
Today, Oak Street is undeniably Chicago's most prestigious shopping thoroughfare. Trabert & Hoeffer continues to be one of the finest jewelry salons in the world and remains committed to providing the highest quality collections and service to its customers for generations to come.