Come experience one of the largest outdoor climbing facilities in the world. With over 19,000 square feet of custom designed rocks and boulders.
At the center of the Skating Ribbon sits two stunning rock-climbing structures that form Chicago’s first and only Climbing Park. These custom-designed sculptural rocks and boulders provide a unique outdoor recreational experience for beginners and experts alike, supported with instruction and supervision by park staff. The combination of the Skating Ribbon and Climbing Park achieves the project aspiration of a park for all seasons, inviting and engaging to all Chicagoans and visitors alike.
The rock climbing walls’ maximum height is 40 feet over a total surface area of 19,000 square feet. The wall is divided into a beginner and advanced wall with three different types of climbing: bouldering, lead-harnessed, and top rope. The climbing wall capacity is between 25 to 100 climbers at a given time.
Monday – Friday 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm (weather permitting)
Saturday & Sunday 11:00 am – 7:00 pm (weather permitting)
- Auto Belay 30 minutes – $25
- Top Rope Orientation – $29
- Boulder/Belay Check – $15
- Private Belayer – $45
- Kid’s Lesson 15 minutes – $19 (private lesson, includes a climbing instructor to assist child, ages 4-8)
- Belay/Boulder/Check – $15
- Top Rope/Bouldering Daily Fee – $15 (includes helmet, Orientation Boulder/Belay Check required)
- Climbing Wall Instructions – 4 Classes – $96
- Climbing Wall Instructions – 8 Classes – $165
- Helmet, harness and shoes are available to rent $5 apiece
- Chalk bag – $3
Chicago residence receive 20% off climbing wall prices with proof of residency.