‘Tis the season for holiday fun at Navy Pier’s 19th annual Fifth Third Bank Winter WonderFest!
For more than five weeks, guests can venture through an indoor winter wonderland as Chicago’s iconic lakefront destination transforms its Festival Hall into a dazzling spectacle with 170,000 square feet of holiday-themed fun! The festival beings on Friday, December 6th, 2019 and runs through Sunday, January 12th, 2020.
Chicago-land natives and seasonal travelers will have the opportunity to enjoy festive décor, returning favorites and this year’s brand-new attraction, The Wind Chill- an exciting ride that will soar guests to heights of nearly 53 feet above the indoor winter playground.
More attractions include:
- Twinkling forest of nearly 500 trees decorated with 25,000 ornaments
- Xfinity Ice Skating Rink, Polar Extreme Obstacle Course, Cliff Hanger, Polar Ice Peaks Climbing Walls, Winter WonderWhirl, Kringle Carousel, and more
- Rides around Winter WonderTown on the Artic Express Train
- Cookie decorating at the Aquafina Cookie Cottage
- Performances by The “Sugar Plums” from Aerial Ataraxia (Saturdays and Sundays at 3, 4, 5 p.m.)
- Winter Wonder Market featuring meet-and-greet opportunities with Santa and Mrs. Claus (Select dates only. Will run from Friday November 29th until December 24th)
Tickets to Fifth Third Bank Winter WonderFest can be purchased online or at the on-site box office. Ticket options vary based on date, height/age, time of sale (advance or day of) and location of sale (online or on site). The event will open at 10 a.m. every day and closing hours vary. For the comfort and safety of all Navy Pier guests, those under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Guests 18 years and older must present a valid driver’s license, state ID or military ID with their pass to enter Fifth Third Bank Winter WonderFest. Parents or guardians are responsible for the safety and conduct of minor guests in their respective parties.
- On January 9th Navy Pier will host sensory friendly hours from 4 – 8 p.m., consisting of discounted tickets, limited lighting, reduced sound, quiet zones and more to accommodate the special needs community.
- In addition to access to Fifth Third Bank Winter WonderFest, everyt icket purchase will include a complimentary pass to ride the iconic, 200-foot-tall Centennial Wheel– an $18 value.
- Hosted by the Navy Pier Associate Board, Cheer at the Pier will return on Thursday, December 5th from 5 – 9 p.m. as an exclusive pre-opening celebration of Fifth Third Bank Winter WonderFest. Tickets include food, an open bar for guests 21 and older and access to all rides and activities at Chicago’s largest indoor winter attraction. All proceeds from Cheer at the Pier will support Navy Pier’s free, year-round public programming.