Sun 2 Apr 2017
The Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K is one of Chicago’s best running celebrations, with a one-of-a-kind course!
The Chicago tradition continues the St. Patrick’s Day celebration and kicks off the spring running season in Chicago. The run’s unique 8K (4.97 miles) course weaves its way through downtown Chicago, starting and finishing in Grant Park.
Street Closures in Place for 2017 Shamrock Shuffle on April 2, 2017
Several street closures are in place for the 38th annual Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K race next month. The event kicks off April 2 in the city's Grant Park and continues for 4.97 miles as runners weave their way through downtown Chicago.
Expect rolling closures along the race route between 8 a.m. and 11:15 a.m.:
- Columbus Dr. from Roosevelt Rd. to Grand Ave.
- Grand Ave. from Columbus Dr. to State St.
- State St. from Grand Ave. to Jackson Blvd.
- Jackson Blvd. from State St. to La Salle St.
- La Salle St. from Jackson Blvd. to Randolph St.
- Randolph St. from La Salle St. to Franklin St.
- Franklin St. from Randolph St. to Harrison St.
- Harrison St. from Franklin St. to Michigan Ave.
- S. Michigan Ave. (northbound lanes) from Harrison St. to Roosevelt Rd.
- Roosevelt Rd. (westbound lanes) from Michigan Ave. to Columbus Dr.
Officials note there will be limited access through Grant Park from 10 a.m. April 1 through 3 p.m. April 2.
In addition, no parking will be allowed on the closed streets beginning at 6 a.m. April 2. Lake Shore Drive, Congress Parkway and North Michigan Avenue will remain open during the race.